Let's introduce our new iFlight Taurus X8 BNF, our heavy duty gear to lift those big cams!
Engineered with professionals for professionals, a BNF that's aimed for carrying big payloads offering a soft-damped universal platform for DSLR or cinema cameras (Red Komodo, Zcam, BMPCC, etc) featuring DJI's FPV HD transmission system. Redundant ESC and motor setup for maximum performance but also a safety factor. Even in case of an overload or failure, one remaining ESC and 4 motors will be able to carry your expensive camera back to you. In case you get troubles with signal interference, radio signal loss, or complete FPV transmission fail the GPS rescue feature will automatically take over control, climb to max flight altitude, and descent towards your liftoff location until the signal transmission is regained (no automated landing). The integrated TPU landing gear provides sufficient height for most terrain and offers some protection on harder landings.
2kg maximum payload for a variety of top-mounted cameras and the ability to fine-adjust the stable mount for a perfectly balanced CG (Center of Gravity). The underslung battery acts as a power source as well as a counterweight to strategically slide the weight more front or back to counter camera lenses of different weight or length. The adjustable CNC aluminum mount offers angles from 5 to 35 degrees and can be safely secured for reproducible outcomes. No jello, no jitter, no problem; Our silicon-ball dampened carbon camera base is decoupled from the rest of the frame to reduce the amount of vibration generated by motors and propellers. For the perfect cinematic shot we recommend and additional software stabilization in the post or a hardware module (for example SteadXP).
The estimated flight time with 6S 4500mAh and attached cinema camera is about 4-6min, depending on speed and wind conditions! (set includes one battery)
- XING 2806.5 efficient and powerful wide stator motors
- Redundant ESC and motor configuration
- Stable silicon-ball decoupled camera CNC mount
- GPS flight data and rescue functionality
- 2kg max payload for various cinema and DSLR cameras
- Optimized CG through the adjustable camera and battery mount
PRE-TUNED & PRE-SETUP:
- Don't worry about tuning, we did that for you already! A basic PID- and Filter tuning was applied for a great flight experience!
- To restore lost tunes or updates, please check our linked article on "Firmware/Factory Dumps"
- Angle-Mode (self-balancing level mode) is enabled by default to make sure your first flight doesn't end in a mess!
- Please check our linked article on "How to disable Angle-Mode, activate Acro-Mode"
Taurus X8 BNF Specs:
- SucceX-D F7 TwinG V2.1 Stack
- Motor: XING 2806.5 1300KV
- GPS module: iFlight M8Q-5883-GPS & Compass V2.0
- Wheelbase: 400mm
- Body Size: 283*283mmmm
- Top and bottom plate spacing: 20-31mm (aluminum standoff height)
- Propeller size: 8 inch
- Weight: 1574.4g (without battery)
FC // SucceX-D F7 TwinG V2.1
- MCU: 216MHz STM32F722
- Gyro：2x ICM20689
- Barometer: YES
- Betaflight OSD: YES
- BEC: 5V 2.5A / 9V 2.5A
- UARTs: 5
- Input voltage: Recommended 2-6S, MAX 8S
- Firmware Target: IFLIGHT_F722_TWING
- Mounting pattern: 30.5*30.5mm φ4mm with Grommets φ3mm
- Dimensions: 36*36mm
- Weight: 7.5g
- USB type-C
ESC // 2x SucceX 80A 2-8S 4in1
- MCU: STM32F051
- Up to 48kHz PWM frequency
- Capacitance: 470uF/50V
- Current Sensor: Yes
- Input: 2-8S LIPO
Constant: 80A / Burst: 100A
- BlHeli32 telemetry: Yes
- BEC: No
- Supports up to Dshot600, Proshot, Oneshot, Multishot
- Firmware Target: iFlight-BL32-4IN1
- Mounting pattern: 30.5*30.5mm/Φ3mm
Taurus X8 HD BNF Included Components and Parts
- pre-built and tested Taurus X8
- 1 x Taurus X8 Frame
- 1 x Fullsend X 6S 70C 4400mAh
- 1 x DJI FPV Air Unit Module + Camera
- 4 x Albatross LHCP 5.8GHz SMA FPV Antenna
- 8 x HQ 8X4X3 propeller (Set of 2- Color May Vary)
- 2 x iFlight Lipo Strap 20*300mm (Black)
- 1 x Prop Wrench
The DJI Remote Controller is recommended for beginners since you won't need to set up another receiver, but it is also optional in this BNF drone because it is NOT required in order to use the FPV system. If you don't choose to use the DJI Remote Controller, you can choose a receiver option for your transmitter and then bind to your own radio as usual.