UNIQUE ARM GEOMETRY
- The Apex DC is a variation on the typical 'dead cat' frame which we have modified to keep the front and rear motors aligned, allowing us to maintain the much loved compressed-x geometry in the motor layout.
- This ensures the frame remains balanced and flight characteristics are not compromised, unlike the classic 'dead cat' design which moves the rear motors closer to the body and severely impacts handling.
- By modifying only the upper and lower main plates we retained full compatiblity with regular Apex arms, using standard 5" arms at the front and standard 6" arms at the back.
- There are no props in shot of DJI HD flight cameras and for slower cinematic flying it's now possible to run GoPro angles lower than ever before.
CUSTOM GOPRO MOUNTING
- For quick angle changes, while filming, not many mounts can beat the standard GoPro tab and slot design. However, the stock GoPro bolt leaves a lot to be desired for FPV use.
- Included with the Mr Steele version of the ApexDC is not only a 3D printed mount but also a new custom-designed bolt, specifically for FPV use. Our new bolt is machined from aluminum for substantial weight savings and has an 8mm hex on the outside, along with an internal 2.5mm hex broach. Make quick changes to your GoPro angle using either the standard hex driver for M3 bolts or the prop tool for M5 nuts, which you already have with you in your flight bag
CADDX VISTA ISOLATION
- A major drawback of the Caddx Vista system is that the body of the unit is grounded, this can cause the conductive carbon fiber plates and frame hardware to be grounded too. In an ideal world, this is not necessarily a problem, however, in the real world, it's an accident waiting to happen.
- Alongside the required M2 mounting hardware for the Vista, we also include a die-cut mylar insulator and custom machined 'cone rivets' from non-conductive POM. When installed the Caddx Vista and also the M2 hardware is completely electrically isolated from the frame. This solution adds only 0.5g of extra weight compared to other designs using bulky and heavy 3D prints.
DJI HD CAMERA ISOLATION
- Like the Caddx Vista itself, certain DJI HD cameras can also ground the frame, with similar unfortunate consequences.
- Included with the ApexDC are newly redesigned HD camera plates and 3D printed insulation inserts. This keeps the camera firmly locked in place and reduces vibrations, whilst ensuring it is electrically isolated from the frame.
- Included in every kit is a 3D printed antenna mount for the Caddx Vista or other similar antennas.
- In addition, the Mr Steele version of the kit also includes a standoff mount for the Tracer Immortal-T antenna.
- Carbon fiber frame parts
- Hardware and standoffs
- Mylar and POM Vista isolation parts
- Vista antenna mount
- injection-molded skids and bumper
- injection-molded wire covers
- Rubber and velcro battery pads
- Diamond files
- Battery strap
MR STEELE KIT EXTRAS
- GoPro mount and custom bolt
- Tracer Immortal-T mount
- 7075-T6 lightweight hardware kit
- Coyote Brown skids and bumper
- Rubber FC vibration mounts
- XT-60 pigtail
- Foam strip
- Battery strap