Catalyst Machineworks BANGGOD 7 INCH (LONG RANGE / FREESTYLE) Frame Kit.
AddictiveRC is excited to now carry Catalyst Machine Works Products!
The BangGOD is a tribute to all those designers who invest their time, money, and brain power into coming up with new and innovative machines for the FPV industry. Sadly this intellectual property is cloned by folks looking to make a quick buck. Our own Catalyst designs have been stolen multiple times and the perpetrators don't even have the decency to change the name of the cloned frame! If you are a consumer of FPV gear please keep in mind the reason you have such an amazing assortment of gadgets to choose from is simple. Customer support! When you spend your dollars with the originators of great gear you are literally fueling further development. If you support a clone to save a few bucks you might as well be shooting yourself in the foot. Those businesses who innovate will eventually die off and you will be left with a bunch of crap to fly. Please give the innovators in our industry your support and help grow FPV.
Now it is time for the good stuff. Lets discuss the tech behind the BangGOD. First some background into why we created this miracle of FPV freestyle and long range. After releasing the Smooth Operator back in the summer of 2018 our engineering department immediately started gathering pilot feedback. That informational repository has grown over the past year and we have gathered enough valuable pilot inspired info to bring our solutions to the market. The BangGOD is a continuation of the fundamental design aspects of the Smooth Operator with a number of improvements and new features built in. So what changed from the Smooth Operator?
- Much more room for components. 22mm of space, top-to-bottom compared to 13mm in the Smooth Operator. Two full sized stacks can be mounted in the BangGOD.
- Field maintenance has been made easier. The top plate can be removed easily providing access to all components on the interior of the frame.
- The BangGOD accepts the DJI FPV system with ease. The Smooth Operator does not.
- Any camera existing on the market can fit this frame. Full sized, mini, or micro. The Smooth Operator only accepts micro cameras.
- More available space to fit longer lipos compared to the Smooth Operator. Top deck length is 126mm.
- More room between the lipo and the rear props compared to the Smooth Operator.
- The BangGOD employs a slick HD camera angle adjustment system. There are slots which allow the camera to be adjusted to any angle from 20 to 50 degrees. Two angle bars make this happen. One allows for 20 - 35 degrees adjustment. The other for 35 - 50 degrees adjustment. HD camera mount parts are sold separately.
- The BangGOD can be setup with the rear arms in a standard low position (same level as the front arms) or staggered with the rear arms offset 17mm higher than the front arms.
- Carbon components have been beefed up compared to the Smooth Operator providing a more crash tough structure.
Specs and Features:
- Weight: TBD (standard steel hardware)
- Weight: TBD (optional aluminum hardware - sold separate)
- Extremely resistant to crash damage
- Carbon fiber: Twill Weave 3K Matte
- Standoff color: Matte black
- HD camera mount material: TPU (multiple colors available - sold separate)
- Standard CF Arm Thickness: 5mm thick x 15mm wide
- Top CF plate: 2.5mm
- Bottom CF plate: 3mm
- Front brace: 5mm
- Rear brace (included with kit): 4mm
- Frame type: H quad
- Frame size: 300mm
- FPV camera angle range: 0 - 75 degrees
- Motors supported: 22xx, 23xx, 24xx, 25xx, 26xx, 28xx or similar
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 8s
- Lipo mounting position: Top
- Prop size: 7.1 inch (max)
- ESC option 1: 4-in-1 design with 30.5mm x 30.5mm M3 mounting holes
- ESC option 2: Single ESC's mounted to the arms (15mm width)
- Ideal FC: 30.5mm x 30.5mm M3 mounting holes
- Micro FC: Can be mounted on this frame
- Motor pad mounting holes: M3 screws on 16mm or 19mm mounting circles
- Supports Full Sized FPV Cameras: No adapter needed
- Supports "Mini" FPV Cameras: Adapter needed (sold separate)
- Supports "Micro" FPV Cameras: Adapter needed (sold separately)
- HD camera mount options: Session or Standard Gopro
- HD camera mount angle range: 20 - 50 degrees
- No props in view with superview on @ 30 degree HD camera tilt.
- Moderately Slammed deck (22mm tall)
- Two screw arm removal. Remove arms be loosening one screw and removing the other
- No arm "slop"
- Industry leading camera protection (FPV and HD)
- Provisions for nearly any FPV antenna on the market
- Provisions for any FPV camera on the market
- Provisions for crossfire gear
- Large lipos fit with ease
- Plenty of room between prop tips to lipo sides
- Electronics sold separately
AddictiveRC Recommended Motors for this Frame: https://shop.addictiverc.com/collections/mini-quad-brushless-motors/products/brotherhobby-avenger-2806-5-1700kv-motor