The new UAS UVC series is compatible with 4S LiPo - 14S LiHV power systems and allows for the next level of performance and efficiency for your UAS and Multi-Rotor applications. The UAS UVC series brings to life the newest-generation of technology and includes an all-Aluminum 6061-T6 case for cool-running temperatures and rugged-construction allowing the ESCs to be used in a wide-range of harsh environments and commercial/industrial applications (IP66 certification for all-weather operation). The new series also comes pre-loaded with the latest production firmware, including these new, market-leading technologies:
- KDECAN – enables live-telemetry feedback with the flight-controller for added safety and operation. Critical system components can be monitored in real time and additional control signals can be sent to the ESC. See the KDE CAN PROTOCOL for setup and functionality.
- Data Logging – high-memory storage, onboard EEPROM allows for continuous logging of critical parameters (voltage, amperage, temperature, throttle signal, throttle output, eRPM, etc.) with the ability to download and review via standard PC-USB connection.
- Regenerative Braking – active braking during motor deceleration phase, providing instantaneous response to the flight controller commands and matched-response to acceleration profiles (less “float” during flight).
- Temperature-Controlled Synchronous Rectification – new proprietary algorithm for smooth-running motors at low-throttle and improved, faster response under high-peak loads; all while significantly increasing flight-time efficiency and reducing operating temperatures (also termed "active-freewheeling").
- Active Monitoring – internal hardware and specialized algorithms continually monitor voltage, current, temperature, stall detection, and a host of other critical parameters for safe reliable operation and damage prevention.
- Dynamic Timing and Startup Power – optimally-tuned for smooth and precision-controlled startup throughout the full-range of UAS Brushless Motors (no hesitation, stuttering, or response lag).
- Increased Drive and Throttle Frequency Resolution – high-accuracy, linear throttle response throughout full-range of operation control.
- Motor Synchronization – factory-calibrated ESCs for consistent throttle control and frequency-matched start-up protocols.
- Anti-Spark Circuitry – protects the integrity and life-span of critical connectors upon each initial plug-in and system power-up.
The UVC series ESC incorporates a CAN bus multiplex serial bus for telemetry, an on-board high speed EEPROM chip for data logging, and a 32-bit MCU for maximum processing power and performance.
The series is tuned and optimized for the KDE Direct UAS Multi-Rotor Brushless Motor Series, for simple plug-and-play operation. No additional throttle calibration is required for most applications and settings are factory programmed.
ESCs include 200°C, 10 AWG silicone-wire power leads and 12 AWG silicone-wire motor leads with dual ф6.5mm (KDEXF-BC65) and ф4.0mm (KDEXF-BC40) 24K matching Bullet Connectors.
|Refresh Rate||2000 Hz (50 - 2000Hz Adaptive)|
|Maximum Peak Current||175 A (5 s)|
|Maximum Peak Power||9,065 W (5 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Current*||85+ A (180 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Power*||4,403+ W (180 s)|
|Maximum Efficiency||> 98%|
|Voltage Range||14.8 V (4S LiPo) - 60.9 V (14S LiHV)|
|Internal BEC||None (Opto-Isolation)|
|Maximum RPM||360,000 rpm (2-Pole)|
|PWM Rate||Adaptive Dynamic Algorithm|
|Advance Timing||22° - 30° Dynamic Algorithm|
|ESC Size||46 mm (W) x 80 mm (L)|
|ESC Weight||110 g (150 g with Wires/Bullets)|
|Power Leads||10 AWG, 200°C|
|Motor Leads||12 AWG, 200°C|
|ESC Control Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (W-R-B)|
|ESC Motor Phase (eRPM) Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (O-R-B)|
|Power Connects||ф4.0 / ф6.5 mm Matched Pair|
|Motor Connects||ф4.0 mm Female|
*: ESC requires consistent airflow (5 mph or greater) across the heatsink to maintain maximum continuous current and power ratings during operation, specified at full-load condition (100% throttle). Increasing airflow or adding additional cooling can further increase the capabilities of the controller and extend the lifespan of the critical internal components.
*: ESC actively monitors internal hardware components to protect its circuitry. Overtemperature protection ensures safe and reliable operation by limiting the maximum RPM when the temperature rises above the maximum temperature rating. Overtemperature protection decreases an ESCs operating temperature and will bring the ESC back to safe operating conditions.
Programming: Proprietary Algorithm, 600Hz+ Refresh, Dynamic Advance Timing
Ingress Protection Rating: IP66 Certification
Features: Active Anti-Spark Circuit, Aluminum 6061-T6 Case, CAN bus Protocol