VulcanUAV Raven X-8 1100mm Folding Air Frame Kit
The Raven was the first aircraft to successfully go through the CAAs CAOSC assessment process, and to this day a Raven still has the highest risk exemption ever granted in the UK.
Made from high grade pure carbon fibre and custom manufactured 6061 grade aluminium, this is an extremely tough folding aircraft in X8 configuration, designed with ultimate safety in mind, and built to withstand the rigors of real world commercial use.
The Raven is used by many of the top movie industry flying camera companies both in the UK and abroad, and a 12 motor variant was the only multicopter to be allowed to fly at the Rio Olympics 2016 with three aircraft carrying out over 350 flights over the two weeks of the games.
A number of variants of the Raven have been produced, and as with all our aircraft customised versions to meet specific criteria are available if required.
Includes The Following:
- Folding Heavy Lifting 1100mm Air Frame Kit (For Red Cinema Camera)
- Powerful Strobe Lighting Kit
- Retractable Extended Landing Gear Set
- Short CF rail Set
- Anti Vibration System
- Designed for U-7, KDE-4215, KDE-5215, KDE-7215 Heavy Lifting Motors!
-Max Prop Size 28 inches!
- Designed for Super Heavy Lift for payloads of 17.6LBS+
- Anti vibrations system for payload rated to 10 kgs
- 12mm payload rail mount
- Duel leg retracts
- Quick fold mechanism with safety latch for ultimate security, allowing the machine to be folded down flat for transportation. This simple yet highly secure mechanism requires no tools to use and there are no loose parts to lose
- Custom DayBright LED system with programmable controller featuring 24 flash patterns and control from your Tx, visible from up to 2000 feet in daylight. LED colours are 2 x green and 2 x red. Each module contains dual LEDs which have a conformal coating for rain resistance (note that power wires still need to be protected if water is likely to be present). LEDs are mounted in a diffuser housing module mounted inside the motor mounts.
This machine is already being used by many major film and production companies to carry Red Epic, Arri Mini or similar cameras, as well as Lidar and other extreme payloads.